What do you think about Colour Psychology?
We have been searching the net to find some information to share with you.
This week, we will be speaking about the colour WHITE 🤍
Psychological Properties Of Colour White
- New beginnings
According to colour psychology
It is also the colour of new beginnings, offering an inner cleansing and purifying of your thoughts, emotions and spirit. White brings us peace, calm, comfort and hope, and creates a sense of order and efficiency, refreshing and strengthening the energy system.
It may indicate the completion of a cycle in your life. You can use a lot of white at a time when you are moving in a new direction in your life. On another way, many people use white as a recall of their youth, because it reminds them of a time when their lives were easier.
This colour opens the way for the creation. It is totally reflective, awakening openness, growth and creativity.
The first of all simple colours is White ... We shall set down White for the representative of light, without which no colour can be seen; Yellow for the earth; Green for water; Blue for air; Red for fire; and Black for total darkness. - Leonardo da Vinci
If your favourite colour is white, you are well-balanced, sensible, discrete and wise. You are confident and self-assured, but you think carefully before acting.
You are neat and immaculate in your appearance and have impeccable standards of cleanliness. In your need to perfection, you tend to be quite critical of yourself and others, but always trying to be fair as well.
You tend to have good self-control, and also to be cautious and practical.
One important thing to remember is that the feelings evoked by certain colours are not necessarily universal.
Cultural differences sometimes play a role in how people perceive colour.
In Western cultures:
white symbolizes purity, elegance, peace, and cleanliness; brides traditionally wear white dresses at their weddings. White is also clean and sterile and used to represent hospitals and even holiness.
- In Italy however, white is used for funerals and traditionally, white Chrysanthemums are placed at gravesites.
- In China, Korea, and some other Asian countries white represents death, mourning, and bad luck, and is traditionally worn at funerals.
- In Peru, white is associated with angels, good health, and time.
- In Africa white is the colour for victory or purity and is worn by girls for puberty rites.
- In Latin America White has many of the same associations as in North America and is connected to purity and peace.
- In The Middle East Both purity and mourning are associated with white. In Iran for example, that definition expands to include holiness and peace and in Egypt wearing white is a symbol of a person’s high ranking status.
- Around the world The white flag is the universal symbol of truce.
How does WHITE make you feel?
Credit photos: Pinterest and Canva
- Empower yourself with color psychology