1) Who are you?
Andrea Edwards. Born in St Kilda, Melbourne. Now living and working from my home studio in Sydney’s north.
2) Which 5 words best describe you?
Intuitive, sensitive, hope-filled, creative, caring.
3) When did you discover your creativity?
Early with drawing, painting, writing etc. Creativity can take so many forms and be like breath; perfectly natural and necessary. Hopefully, it can be expressed, noticed and realized even whilst we’re occupied in less expected or what we call everyday life activities.
4) What’s the best lesson you’ve learnt along the way?
5) What’s your proudest moment?
First double solo exhibition with around 40 or so paintings of mine. Doing an artist talk. Feeling relaxed and normal.
6) What’s been your best decision?
Keep going, creating. Don’t rely totally on logic; trust the still small voice.
Laugh often, repeat.
7) Who inspires you?
Any person and pursuit where a standard of excellence is being strived for. Where ones heart and soul is poured in and emanates out to an audience. Where whatever being executed is done with all you are and all you’ve got! Also where the creative outcome is healing or transformative in some sense.
8) What are you passionate about?
Honouring the journey of others and myself. Our natural world, colour, design, ambience, positivity, kindness and love.
9) Which person, living or dead, would you most like to meet?
Having a good conversation, listening and understanding, hearing and being heard with whoever this may be.
10) What dream do you still want to fulfil?
A bit more time out being inspired.
11) What are you currently reading?
Scanning and sending files, notes compiled by my magical millennial tutor.