LES FEMMES 2023 - group show about "women"
The gallery will be transformed by the "feminine" pieces that will be on display from 22nd February until 12th March.
The exhibition is held during the month of the International Women's Day (8th March) and is a great opportunity to view artworks representing women in an artistic way.
As well as inspiring community creative engagement, the resulting exhibition is a celebration of women and artworks displayed.
LES FEMMES EXHIBITION
- Entries must be measuring no bigger than 50 x 50cm. THIS INCLUDES ANY FRAMING.
- Only work that can be attached to the wall will be accepted.
- Paper works can be mounted or framed, not exceeding the size requirement.
- Artwork should be ready for hanging with D-rings ONLY
- All mediums accepted including painting, photography, collage, printmaking and textiles.
- NB: Can be smaller than 50 X 50cm BUT NOT BIGGER
50x50cm for $60.00 + GST
Non-refundable Entry Fee - $60 + GST per entry (Maximum of 5 entries per artist)
Please note registration is not valid until payment is received
Entry until Wednesday 1st February 2023 – Only 50 artworks will be displayed
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The exhibition will run from 22nd February until 12th March 2023.
- Registration Starting: Friday 21st October 2022
- Registration Closing: Wednesday 1st February 2023 (application closes).
- ENTRY BRIEF: Maximum 50x50cm - Up to 5 entries per artist
- ENTRIES: Up to 50 entries maximum
- All artworks must be for sale.
- Artwork must be the original work of the artist. Please do not deliver the actual artwork until the entry form has been approved and payment has been made.
- The exhibition is open to all amateur and professional artists. We will accept 2D artworks, photography and 3D work that fits within the guidelines only. Digital works will not be accepted.
- THE SPACE gallery takes a 30 % commission + GST on all sold works.
- The gallery is covered for public liability but insurance for artworks is the responsibility of the artist. The gallery will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft of your work.
- Selected works must be delivered b y the set date ready for display. This includes all hangings attachments. Arrangements and payment for special fixtures for hanging or display are the responsibility of the artist. All works must have a D-ring and a wire across the back for hanging. Artworks must be bubble wrapped in a way that the gallery can reuse it at the end of the show or when artworks are sold.
- Selected artworks must be delivered at THE SPACE gallery as per the conditions stated in the brief below. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE SHOWN.
- Any artwork that is not dry, or does not meet the quality required for the exhibition will not be hung.
21st October 2022
1st February 2023
Les Femmes Exhibition Bump In Starts
15th February 2023
Les Femmes Exhibition Bump In Finishes
19th February 2023
Les Femmes Exhibition Starts
22nd February 2023
The Cannery Markets
4th & 5th March 2023
International Women's Day
8th March 2023
Les Femmes Exhibition Bump Out
12th March 2023
EXHIBITING YOUR WORK
The exhibition is open to all amateur and professional artists. We will accept 2D artworks, photography and 3D work that fits within the guidelines only. Digital works will not be accepted. Registration will open on 21st of October 2022 and closes 1st of February 2023. All artwork should be delivered at the gallery Level 1, 61 Mentmore Avenue, Rosebery NSW 2018. For further inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROMOTION & REPRODUCTION OF ARTWORK
It will be a condition of entry to the “Les Femmes” exhibition that entrants will grant a limited, non-exclusive copyright license to allow the work to be reproduced by any means, in any media for promotional purposes such as media coverage, online publicity and review of the competition in print, social media and on THE SPACE gallery website. Images uploaded via registration may be reproduced in the “Les Femmes” catalogue.
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
A form will be sent once registration is settled. All of the asked information on the form MUST be filled.